Fishing alone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fishing alone

Post by Slender on Thu May 02, 2013 11:31 am

I walked down a path in the forest that resided on part of the camp I was basically forced to stay at. My black hair, as well as my face were hidden by my navy blue sweatshirt, something I ha picked up last time I was in New York, the reason why it said 'go Yankees' across the upper left side in small print. My eyes searched the uneven terrain ahead of me, my hand closed around the handle of my machete, the celestial bronze one I had stolen from the armory when I had first arrived at camp. Experience had told me to be armed at all times, no matter what and I was typically armed like I was now, two machetes and my prized knife. The leather grip of my more used machete for my pale white palm as I walked closer and closer to my destination; the river. I always admired the river, how it flowed no matter what happened around it. The river was like life, life overcomes rapids, obstructions, and many other things that resides in it's bed. Sometimes it's calm, or rough. She couldn't help but grin eerily at the thought, a river was also a weapon. Blood could be washed off a sword, bodies could be swept to see and you could kill someone by smashing them into a rock or holding them under water, until their lungs fill with water and they drown.

She chuckled as she reached the side of the river, some rocks extruding from it's glassy surface, some my hidden under the water, ready to slip up the unfortunate campers with bad footing with such a river that contained a hidden current. Her ears were filled with the sound of rushing water and she looked upstream to see the white water bubbling off the rocks that created rapids. She smiled, alone, the sound of water, and not a thing wrong in her life at the moment. She quickly took off the navy blue sweatshirt, carefully folding it and setting it on a sun-dried rock as she did. Next came her dark gray boots, and then her pants, all being neatly put on the rock. She only wore a bloodstained tank top, and her some shorts she had slipped on, so she wasn't in her underwear. She slowly stepped into the water, her knife still on her belt as she watched the cool, calming water wash over her ankles. She sighed, enjoying the feeling as she went to the middle of the river where a rock stuck out of the water. She lay on that rock, on her stomach as she looked upstream, listening and looking at the rapids. It was as if she was trying to tan, even though it was impossible now. She didn't care, the sun made her back feel warm and made her feel just a little more normal.

Soon she got tired of just laying around and dipped her toes back into the water, causing ripples to spread out, fish to flee into holes concealed everywhere in the water. That have her an idea and she grabbed her fishing like she had made and kept hidden out from underneath some rocks. Carefully finding a worm, she baited the hook and threw it in, waiting for a freshly spawned trout to take the bait.

A strange sight it was, an unusually pale girl who no one knew, wearing only shorts and a tank top fishing all by herself. Though if anyone tried to come they wouldn't see her eyes, just her back, the bloodstained tank top and her her black hair that flowed barely past her shoulders.

Henrietta ' Jones, a seventeen year old daughter of Hermes. An adventurous and strong girl, she is smart and cunning. Single, and plans to become a counselor.

Zelda 'Sheik' Van Thrink, a fifteen year old daughter of Hecate. Mysterious, Bi-emotional, and magical, she uses her charms for selfishness more than selflessness. Single, and plans to date and dump. WIP

Snake Eyes, a mute, 18 year old son of Athena. Mysterious, Stealthy, and kind, he seems to have connections everywhere. Single, and he's looking for a soul mate. WIP

Lenore Vandalia, a fourteen year old daughter of Aphrodite. Studious, attractive, and cunning she is very popular. Single, and is trying to stay that way. WIP
Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

View user profile http://www.creaturesnight.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fishing alone

Post by Crow on Thu May 02, 2013 9:00 pm

The wind snapped in his face and twigs cracked under his feet as Solitude rushed his way through the forest. The demigod was on the run. From what, he couldn't say for sure. All he really knew was that the creature chasing him unrelentingly had a large body mass. The creature had been on the boy's heels for the last few minutes or so. Air was struggling to make its way up and down Solitude's throat and lungs as his legs were exerted to pretty much what was their limit. Adrenaline was helping him a lot as well. The more forcefully pushed blood was allowing him to run even faster than he could normally. Ah, the thrill of the hunt, or so it seemed. It was not so much of a thrill for Solitude than it was for the monstrous creature. Solitude had been running for too long and he had to take a break. The sound of twigs being turned into rubbish behind him had started out strong when he had first started running, but was getting less audible now. Either the beast had given up on chasing its prey, or it had gotten smarter and was sneaking up on him. Hopefully it was the first idea though. Sol releases his focus from trying to trip for a second or so to look behind him to see how the creature's progress was going along. What Solitude saw pleased his eyes and his tired body. The creature was lagging behind from quite the distance. The demigod painfully sucks in a large breath of air and pushes himself even farther, breaking from the foliage of the forest and into an opening by the creek. This was not good. With a split-second decision, Solitude bursts back into the forest. He had an idea. It most likely would not work though, knowing his seemingly terrible luck.

His hands screamed out in pain as Solitude launches himself at a tree, the bark tearing at the pale flesh of his hands. Solitude ignores the pain and gets a grip with his feet on the trunk of the tree. The demigod tries his best to be as speedy as possible when trying to climb the tree. He would push off with his feet, leaving him in air for a few milliseconds, but then grip the tree with his hands at either a branch or a knot in the wood. So far so good. Two or so minutes of agonizing climbing passed until Solitude found himself crouched in a Y in the trees, trying to hide his body as best as possible to shield himself from the monster.

Soon enough, the boy hears a roar and the thumps of the beast's feet on the ground as it tore through the forest, searching for its tasty demigod snack. Too bad it was not getting this crunchy demigod. Not today. Solitude sucks in air and holds his breath, trying to make himself as quiet as possible. The gigantic beast, which appeared to be a hydra, shot past him and Solitude let's out a sigh of relief as he watches it disappear across the creek and into the mass expanse of forest behind it. The boy stays in the tree for a few minutes, catching his breath and rubbing his sore legs. "Now that was quite the workout," Solitude mutters to himself as he slowly descends from the tree, trying not to exert his muscles anymore than they already were. Gods, he would be sore in the morning. The demigod slowly makes his way back over to the creek, where he had first launched out of the forest. He walks up to the edge of the creek where the water lapped at the land. Solitude looks around. All he could account for was one girl, who was fishing with a line of string. No rod, no nothing. Now that was definitely a demigod way of doing things. The boy looks down to his bare feet, patched black with dirt. He had been too lazy to put shoes on when he first went into the forest. He planned on going for a jog along the trail, not being chased by a hydra. Solitude places his dirty feet in the water, letting it wash away the dirt. It felt good in the mid-day sun. It was quite warm out for being May. Solitude liked that. He would much rather have it be warm than cold.

ooc; i think this is over 200 words. ;D
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slender on Thu May 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Jane perked her head up, she thought she heard something behind her. She paused, stopping what she was doing for a moment as she listened and hear it, a male voice. SE cursed to herself, not aloud as she slowly pulled in the stein and her hand went to the black sheath on her belt. She hesitated, listening to the water splash around the intruders feet. She took the knife fr her sheath and HEL it in front of her, and out if the guys sight. Her heart racing she spoke a simple sentence.

"If I were you, I would get the hell out of here and go back the way you came" she said. Ok, it wasn't simple but it got a message across. She wondered what the boy would do, but she was a murderess insane girl. She wasn't going to take an interruption lightly. She slowly stood, still not facing hm. He could now see her deathly white skin and her blood stained tank top easy. She was going to hurt him at least, scare him so he wouldn't bother her again. Usually she would plain kill but maybe she would warn him, give him a head start. She smirked at the idea and waited his response. She then cursed remembering her machetes and clothing was on a rock near where the boy was

Henrietta ' Jones, a seventeen year old daughter of Hermes. An adventurous and strong girl, she is smart and cunning. Single, and plans to become a counselor.

Zelda 'Sheik' Van Thrink, a fifteen year old daughter of Hecate. Mysterious, Bi-emotional, and magical, she uses her charms for selfishness more than selflessness. Single, and plans to date and dump. WIP

Snake Eyes, a mute, 18 year old son of Athena. Mysterious, Stealthy, and kind, he seems to have connections everywhere. Single, and he's looking for a soul mate. WIP

Lenore Vandalia, a fourteen year old daughter of Aphrodite. Studious, attractive, and cunning she is very popular. Single, and is trying to stay that way. WIP
Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow on Fri May 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Solitude's body was starting to slow down back into a tranquil state. He was starting to feel more rested and was easily able to breath in air to refresh himself. Good thing he didn't have asthma or anything. If so, he would not have survived the chase. The young demigod's peace was interrupted by a voice. Upon hearing the girl finish her sentence, a grin appears on his face. Who was this girl to intimidate Solitude? Okay, maybe the boy thought a bit highly of himself, but that was just how he was. He always had been a big egotistical and probably always will be. Solitude cranes his neck to the left to look at the girl. She looked like a vampire, excluding the pointy teeth. She had black hair the color of a sky at midnight and eyes that looked like black holes. She had a maniacal look to her face, which made Solitude's grin break out a little more. This might get fun actually.

"Or what? You're going to stab me with a fishing hook?" Solitude replies to the girl's threat. He didn't exactly want to fight her, just stir up trouble. Solitude had nothing else to do with his day; why not spend it aggravating a girl who had threatened to kill him when he had done so much as step near the creek?

ooc; sorry for the short post. it was a bit rushed.
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slender on Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 pm

OOC: Its fine.

BIC: I looked at him, was he really that serious to talk back to me? granted, i wasnt my scariest at the moment but i had killed bigger things than this boy. Turning all the way to face the idiot i grinned maniaclly, showing my teeth at him. They were in fact pointed from when i had sharpened them myself. My hair concealed my ears though as i stepped off the walk, into the cool water that was up to my waist at where i was in the middle of the river.

To be honest this boy scared me a tad, he didnt run like all my other victims did. However, that wouldnt stop me this time. I quickly threw my smaller, gray, throwing knife at him, narrowly missing his neck by less than half an inch...in fact i think i scrathed him. I held my german steel knife in clear view, the bloodstaind blade reflecting in the sun. My unnatrually pale skin glowed as if i were about to go radioactive as i walked closer, ripples around my legs. "Or else i will kill you and let the water take your damn bloody body out to sea" i told him, my voice cracking a few times. Darn, i needed to get my vocal paterns under control.

Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow on Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 am

Okay, Solitude was wrong. This girl did have pointed teeth. Good thing vampires didn't exi--oh yeah, they did in the world of the Greek gods. Well that sucks. Solitude would have to make sure he didn't get bitten or anything. He didn't want to become one himself. That was Solitude's style, thinking of the worst possible scenario. The demigod is suddenly snapped from his thoughts by a shine of a blade flipping through the air towards him. Solitude quickly jumps backwards, but the knife still skimmed the back of hist shirt, slightly tearing the fabric. So maybe this girl was just as crazy as she looked. Solitude had knowingly done nothing. Why was this girl after him and so hostile all of the sudden? All Solitude had done was sit down by the creek. Maybe the girl thought she owned the creek or something absurd like that. A lot of the demigods at camp seemed to have something wrong with them; this girl was an example.

Once the immediate danger was gone, well, somewhat gone, Solitude looks towards the girl. There wasn't a knife screaming towards him at the moment. He still had a grin on his face. He was amused by the girl's attempt to kill him within not even a minute of seeing him in her field of vision. Solitude even allows himself a laugh as the girl tries her best to sound intimidating, but ended up talking through a cracking voice.

"You do know that the creek lets out into the ocean, right?" Solitude asks the girl, his left hand now gripping a knife that he had taken off of a strap on his shoulder. He always kept a knife with him at all times, whether it be strapped to his arm or under his sock. What works works, oh well. You never know when you are to be attacked with a camp full of psychos, this girl being a prime example.
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slender on Sat May 04, 2013 10:57 am

I growled at him again. "Well excuse me for being insane" yesh knew I was insane. I walked closer, my face not three feet from his as I stared him down. I was scared like hell now, he didnt seem to be afraid of me at all. "So? Your body would go to see and be carried north by the current" she told him, her entire chest covered in enough blood that would kill someone if lost. There was even a bit of blood on her cheek.

"If you don't leave now I will have to kill you, and possibly sat you" she said with dead seriousness. Yes, she was a cannabal. At least, sometimes.

Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow on Sun May 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Solitude shakes his head, a smile on his face. The young demigod stares into the girl's black-hole eyes with his own and starts talking.

"You honestly think that you could take me? I'm not trying to brag, but I'm quite more built than you. Oh, and another thing, the stream runs south, into the Atlantic. And for the cannibalism, that is just plain out disgusting. You might want to see a doctor for that."

All while he talked the boy kept up an air of intimidation and strength. He could see the fear in the girl's eyes. She didn't act it, but it showed in her facial expressions. Why not combat that by being more aggressive? Solitude, a frown now plastered on his face, reaches to his side and draws his knife, the Celestial Bronze blade glistening in the sun.

"Do you really want to do this?" he asks her, waiting for a confirmation so he can mess up the girl's day.

ooc; i mirror posts.
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slender on Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Jane kept up her confidence, staring the boy down. "If you don't leave me alone I will have no choice" she growled. "As doctors have tried to help me, but nothing can. He changed me, and now he hunts me. But the hunter can become the hunted" she grinned maniacally, obvious insane. She held her knife ready, not wanting to back down. This was her normal spot and she wouldn't let some lower demigod boss her around.

"So it's up to you. Leave, or be killed" she concluded. A sneer plastered her pale face

OOC: sorry it's so short

Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow on Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 am

With a chuckle, Solitude raises his hands over his head, his knife still held snugly in his left hand. Unlike most people, Solitude was more dominant with his left hand, which gave him the advantage of surprise. Maybe he would be able to pull the trick off with this maniac. Blowing a bit of his dirty blonde hair out of his eyes, Solitude stares down the girl. He couldn't keep an intimidating face on for long though; this was just too funny in his eyes. This girl, she thought she would be able to take him down? Solitude would like to see that happen. The demigod would make sure that it did not happen though.

"I haven't done one thing to bother you. So technically, I have been leaving alone, unless you consider being in your almighty presence a privilege," the son of Polydeuces replies to her, a grin still splayed on his face.
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slender on Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 am

Jane hesitated, opting the option to just leave him in peace and go. However, she had to get to her stuff, which was behind him. So, without saying anything she charged and slid past him, scooping up her machete in her other hand and getting on her feet.

Her skin was now tinged with dirt, giving it a brown color instead of it's normal, yet unnatural white. Her eyes showed determination, and it was obvious she wouldn't back down. She wouldn't let some inferior man make her change.

"Fudge off" she told him before taking a step forward with her leading leg and slashing with the cold, tempered celestial bronze of her machete. Now the fight began, now she would give It her all, now she wanted to murder.

Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow on Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 am

Soltiude was about to give the girl a witty remark, but finds no time to for out of seemingly nowhere a blade was being slashed towards him. The boy's ADHD and battle reflexes kick in and he launches himself to the ground and allows the blade to sail over his head. He propels himself to his feet and grips his knife with his right hand. Now the fight had begun. Solitude, with a maniacal smile, launches towards the girl, quickly switches the hand his dagger was in so it was now in his dominate one. With much grace, well, enough grace as you get have for being a 16 year old jacked dude, he stoops down and rolls to the back of Jane. She then aims a slash towards her neck.
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slender on Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 am

Jane had been practicing knife fighting for so long she was an expert and ducked right before he slashed her neck. Spinning her Shapley les she knocked hisnfeet out from under him before stabding, stepping back into the water a few feet, machete and knife held at the ready.

She was not gonna lose this fight, she was certain. She was too well trained in this region of combat, and he was nothing like the knife fighter Jeff was, and she had to destroy Jeff.

Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow on Fri May 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Solitude was surprised by a sudden slash made towards him from the side. He manages to leap out of the way in time, but not before the blade snags his shirt, putting a nice tear in it. A grin still splattered on his face, Solitude gets up to his feet and tightly wields his knife. It wasn't going to do much in this fight. This girl had the upper hand by having what it seemed to be all of her weapons on her. The son of Polydeuces only had one knife, and it was a wood carving knife, not even meant for fighting. The boy was outmatched. He would not back down though. He had to hold his ground, even though they were fighting over basically nothing. Solitude decides to make a more defensive approach. He stands there, with his hands at his sides, looking at the girl with an expectant face. He had a plan. Hopefully it would go well.
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slender on Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 pm

Jane smirked, seeing his shirt torn by her Stygian iron machete. She grinned, taking a more proper fighting stance before observing him. She saw he had put his hands by his side and deduced he had a plan. Smirking, she stabbed at his gut, with great and full force. She was hoping it would slice into his skin, through his stomach and out the other side, causing extreme pain but not death, at least not instant. She would bandage him to keep him alive for a little longer.

She forced her entire body forward as well, all her strength and weight behind her black blade as she tried to gut him. She could already taste his organs, his flesh. She couldn't wait to kill him, after a slow session of torture. She was a messed up girl, in great need of mental help again.

Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow on Mon May 13, 2013 1:31 pm

The moment Solitude sees the machete speed towards him, he ducks and rolls to the side, hopping up behind his insane attacker. A smile appears on the boy's face as he sees that his plan had worked. Solitude then grips his knife and slices it towards the girl's back, hoping she would not see it coming. Solitude wasn't in the mood to deal with the girl and her crazy assault. He just wanted this all to be over with. The demigod only fought when he really needed to do so, which was not now. He could just run, but something about this girl...It seemed as if the world would be a bit of a better place without her. It was cruel, but it was the truth to Sol.
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slender on Mon May 13, 2013 1:43 pm

JAne heard his blade coming at her back and ducked and rolled to the side, avoiding his strike and saving her life. She stood, smiling wickedly at him. "you want to kill me...it happen not" she said and sheathed her machete. She swung her foot, kicking sand and water into his face before grabbing her sweatshirt and putting it on. "i like you, i think you will make a good meal. But unfortunately, a hunt can take several days" she smiled, backing into the shadows.

"make no doub. I will haunt you, i will stalk you. I will kill you when you least expect it" she tyold him, backing out of sight, leaving only her creepy laugh

Slender

Character Sheet
HP:
24/26  (24/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crow on Wed May 15, 2013 10:01 am

Now that left Solitude with the shivers; the way she backed into the forest. The boy shakes his head and lowers his knife. Hey, at least he had won the fight. That was all that mattered right? If the girl came at him again, he would just be able to do the same thing he did now. He had the advantage of height and strength, so he was all set. Letting out a sigh, Sol puts his knife back in its sheathe and makes his way out of the forest, wondering if the girl was telling the truth. Would she really come back after him? He would just have to wait.
Crow

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top