Socks Putridz- DONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Socks Putridz- DONE

Post by Tumbleweed on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:49 am

“I want to continue being crazy; living my life the way I dream it, and not the way the other people want it to be.”

Name: Socks Adam Putridz; he sometimes goes by Adam when he doesnt want to reveal his first name.
Age/Birthday: Socks is 16 years old. He was born on April 24th, (I'm omitting the year because I dont want him to age) though he doesnt usually keep track of things like dates and prefers to celebrate his birthday whenever it fancies him.

God Parent: "She is mounted on her chariot, the queen of sorrow and sighing, and is goading on her steeds, as if for outrage, the Gorgon child of Night, with a hundred hissing serpent-heads, Madness of the flashing eyes."
Socks is the son of Mania. Mania is the personification of madness, though in a more placid form, when in a fit of rabid rage she is better known as Lyssa. Mania is often represented as a primeval being whose existence began long before there were men on earth. They did not invent her but she invented the madman, a most common character who fully owes the turmoil of his soul to her. As "a spirit" she is less distinct than a god and obeys the designs of more powerful deities, being rather the actual manifestation of their will.

Claimed: Yes. Socks was claimed at 13, at which point it became harder to live outside camp.
Mortal Family: Sock's only mortal family is his father, Dave Putridz. He's completely bonkers, but not the harmful kind and not enough to be locked up in an asylum. If a wicked sense of humour was prosecuted by law, Dave would be serving a life sentence. Evidence of this may be seen in his only son's first name. He often told Socks that he named him thus, "just to spite him".
Hometown: New York City.
Years in Camp: Just over a few months.
Powers: None yet.
Brief History: Before camp, Socks and his dad were homeless and lived in New York. His dad sold street art sometimes and did other odd jobs to earn money, like played the guitar in parks and things like that. Although they never lived in anything close to luxury, Socks never went hungry and had as he would put it "an interesting childhood that gave me the colours in my life". Yeah, well he's crazy. He sometimes attended public school but wasnt regular about it, the teachers learnt to accept his absence and not question his presence. He enjoyed learning at times but would learn for no other reason than enjoyment itself, which as you can imagine seriously limited his academic prospects. Being a child of a minor goddess, he was able to more or less live on the streets after he was claimed, fending off the occassional monster. He knew about his mother, though with his madness is an unsure thing how much he knew, it may be fairer to say he had heard of her. His dad often spoke about her in passing as though they could expect to see her any minute and she had just gone to buy some.food or something. When he was around 16 years old he was found by a satyr, who was pretending to be homeless to get to kids like Socks. He told him all about camp and Socks simply shrugged, said bye to his dad, who dint ask a single question and left for camp, as always ready for lifes next great adventure.
Physical Appearance: At 5ft 10 inches, Socks is rather tall and gangly. Rather skinny but not disproportionately so. He's rather reminiscent of a tall leaning tree swaying in the wind. He has a heart shaped face white, not just pale but white and clear skin that often often flushes with colour when he is experiencing anger or rage at which point he turns an astonishing red. His eyes are wide and set a little too close together, they are a startlingly bright green though sometimes a shadow passes over them when he is overcome by his fits of madness at which times it seems to reflect a number of eerie colours. This is just a trick of the light though, his eyes dont actually change colour. His hair is black when he's not dying it weird colours. It's naturally straight and cut in a weird uneven way. Its not very long and yet stands like bristles on his head. It looks as though he grabbed a pair of rusty kitchen shears and gave himself a haircut, which he probably did. Socks' dressing style is eccentric and unpredictable. He could wear anything from jeans to a kilt on any given day. Generally though, he is seen around camp is artfully ripped black jeans and a heavily graffiti-ed camp tshirt, that looks like it has had paint thrown over it and a hat. Socks loves hats.
Personality: "We're all mad here, havn't you noticed?"
Socks is ditzy and kind of head-in-the-clouds. Though he is more observant than he is given credit for, he often says really intelligent things and makes pointed statements under cover of his madness. He is slightly crazy but not enough to be labelled insane, as his primary school teacher sometimes said he is "not all there". Socks often recites impromptu poetry and then denies any knowledge of the same. He is very honest in his compliments and not afraid to say what he thinks. He can at time help people feel comfortable with him simple because they dont not take him seriously because of his madness. His madness enables him to say/do things that people ordinarily dont. He often helps people feel better about themselves though this is usually completely unintentional. He has a strong intuition though he doesnt often know what he's saying and this fails to help even other people because.he's just crazy and rambling. Also, he is quite well read and often spends his free time reading, though he deveops his own extraordinary take on most things. He loves Alice in Wonderland.
Flaws/weaknesses: Socks is well, insane. He has periods of normality but generally he's just pretty much mad. He is sometimes overcome by fits of madness in which he becomes violent and angry and loses all reason and control. His general madness is generally harmless. However he can be brutally honest to the point of rudeness and often says things for the sake of it. He doesnt care at all what effect his words or action have on people and doesnt see why anyone does. His intense mood swings and fits of madness can be violent and even dangerous. Due to his ditzy nature, he takes nothing seriously and seems to consider life itself a lesson in philosophy. His Devil-may-care attitude and lack of concern about anything real is his fatal flaw. Apart from making him unreliable and irresponsible, this trait of his is potentially extremely dangerous as one fine day he may simple allow himself to be impaled upon a sword because he wonders what it feels like.
Fears: Socks' greatest fear is someday losing his perspective on things and his ability to understand things simply. He is afraid that he will one day "fade into the crowd" and become like everybody else. It is for this reason he constantly questions his and other peoples beliefs, even things that most people take for granted.

Pets: Socks adopted a fat ginger tabby cat named "Cheshire" and brought it to camp with him.
Talents: Socks is very creative and good at art and music, usually though he'd just break the instrument and smear the paint all over himself. He is well read and knowledgeable about many things and can sometimes be charming. He is eccentric enough that he is interesting to people and this along his air of mystery makes him stand out in crowds, though that may also be because he likes to yell in crowded places.
Weapons: He has a pair of twin CB daggers called loucura and demencia. They each have their name carved just beneath the hilt. When not in weapon mode, they take the form of a silver ring with a cracked and faded looking emerald in the centre that he always wears on the middle finger of his left hand. Socks sometimes claims to see shadows in this ring but usually he vehemently refuses to talk about it.
Year-Round or Summer: Summer.
RP example: Socks walked into camp, distractedly. A butterfly floated past him as though in a trance, I wonder whether it like the pattern of its wings, he thought musingly and then shrugged, shaking his head slightly as he completed his thought, I wonder whether I like mine. He raised his eyebrows at the towering white building facing him, rather like a tomb, he thought chuckling slightly to himself as he wondered if the people inside would be dead. Chiding himself for his own foolishness, Socks corrected his thoughts, there was no saying it was people there could very well be animals in there. Perhaps it would be a forest. Stepping over the threshold, Socks noticed a pot bellied man with rather bloodshot eyes and a man in a wheelchair sitting at a table, engaged in a card game. Without a second thought to it, Socks pulled up a chair and joined them, picking up a couple of cards at random even as they stared at him bewildered. He looked around at his two companions and smiling said, "Well hello, this is a rather strange forest isnt it? I do think I like it like this." and ignoring the very expectant silence that ensued, Socks proceeded to deal them all a new round of cards, humming absentmindedly as he did.

“You are someone who is different, but who wants to be the same as everyone else. And that in my view is a serious illness."

Last edited by Tumbleweed on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 am; edited 4 times in total
Tumbleweed
Resident Cynic

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Socks Putridz- DONE

Post by Sapphire on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 am

Please change the age Socks was claimed to 13 (or lower than that).

You're also missing the Powers, Hometown and Weaknesses fields. c:

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumbleweed on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:34 pm

I assumed since this site has a Kronos camp that we are pre- The last Olympian and so the God's havnt made that promise yet he could be claimed at 14?
And dont we have to buy powers on here? If I don't thats fine too.

Fixed the hometown bit. (: could flaws double up weaknesses? I dont know I'll add that later.
Tumbleweed
Resident Cynic

Character Sheet
HP:
28/28  (28/28)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 am

Actually, the plot for the site isn't set in stone yet. There's talk of it becoming AU and canon-less but like I said, nothing has been made official. Although, going by what's stated in the character skeleton, characters should be claimed by 13.

Yup. Just add 'none' if you haven't bought powers for him. c:

Flaws could double up as weaknesses I suppose. What is he bad at?

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumbleweed on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:03 am

Edited!

Tumbleweed
Resident Cynic