come and find me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

come and find me

Post by Sapphire on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:51 am

Dancing all alone
To the sound of an enemy's song.
I'm lost until you find me...

I have two suggestions:

• Site Plot. Finch mentioned before that she's still unsure where to drop us plot-wise, but what if this site adapted an AU storyline instead of staying true to PJO's canon? Say the site is set on a future where Percy, Annabeth and most of the other characters are all grown-up and moved on but other things like Camp Half Blood and the gods would still exist. If the site revolved around this idea, the idea of having BTCs would make sense and we wouldn't be limited by the events that happened in the actual canon. We also wouldn't mess the timeline up too much (as far as I know, the other chb is stuck in the BotL phase for a long time now). Plus, it would give way to original plots, i.e. new enemies instead of Kronos and Gaia.

• I also vote for HTML to be enabled in this site :3

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: come and find me

Post by Vinius on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 am

Ah! Possibly. What Crispy and I were considering, is possibly just making it so that the canons don't exist, but vaguely following the original plot. Essentially, gods and titans and such exist, but percy and like don't, etc. etc. Kronos wouldn't need another body--the other parts of his own would just heal together through magic idk and then we still fight Kronos and what not, but we don't have any of the canon character. Kronos would eventually go after new york, but certain events would not have happened.

I'd prefer to use your idea, however, what would the site plot be? Or are you suggesting we don't have one?

Also, I was not aware HTML was not enabled! o: Idk how to switch that on, so hopefully Crispy will see this ahahaha.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
69/69  (69/69)

View user profile http://camphalfblood.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:39 am

There could be events that could be constantly changing after every few months. We don't have a set theme that way, but maybe there could be a huge plot lurking behind-the-scenes like Kronos being reborn and going after New York again while some small related events start taking place. We could even have a brand-new prophecy.

Have a very random example:
  • For months 1-3, an unknown virus has made its way into camp and turned the horses and pegasi into horse-versions of hellhounds. Meanwhile a shady figure claiming to be a son of Hades lurks in camp and disasters always seem to happen in places where he's seen last.

• For months 4-6, some of the horses are cured of the virus but a few pegasi have escaped camp and starts terrorizing New York. The mist is also starting to wear off a little at a time which means mortals start to see the hellhound-pegasi in their real form. A band of angry demititans seem to have popped up from nowhere and their goals are currently unknown. Meanwhile, the apparent son of Hades from months 1-3 has disappeared without a trace.

...*insert more events here until...*

• For months xx-xx, Kronos has been reborn and starts attacking New York.

I'm not asking for the events I stated above to be implemented. I only made them to give an idea of what I'm suggesting :3

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:17 am

Ah, for the individual events, you'll need one character who is particularly important in the middle of it all, kinda like a canon. I'm kinda hoping we can do this in a way that no demigod is more special/important to the plot than others.

I do really like a pegasus related plot, however. not necessarily that one, but seeing as pegasus is our mascot now and all~

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
69/69  (69/69)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:29 am

I didn't mean for it turn out that way with one character in the middle of everything. For instance, I referred to the shady figure up there as some kind of a staff-controlled NPC to move the plot along, not necessarily the main character in all of it. And relating to the same plot, the event should involve as many demigods as possible, not just one.

We could have some sort of plot progress bar. I've seen it used by a deviantArt OCT. The bar gets filled every time any character accomplishes a certain goal or sets off a certain event (in the case above, maybe taming a virus-infected pegasus or encountering the son of Hades). When the bar is 100% full, the event comes to an end and the staff could award drachmas/graphics/idk maybe something else to the participants and unveils a huge plot point to open the next story.

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 am

Ooh maybe, but that would require planning out every step ahead of time. Crispy might be able to do that, but I'm not so good at thinking ahead, rofl. that's just a personality thing, not necessarily saying no to doing it. But maybe. Say we do get this bar. Where do we put it?

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
69/69  (69/69)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:14 am

The bar could be below the header so that everyone could be easily reminded of the ongoing event. Kinda like where the scrolling text is in the other chb, except in this site it wouldn't be scrolling.

Yes, it would require a lot of planning xD but if pulled off right, it will pay off big time. I can help if you need an extra hand? I have one more month of summer break so that's a lot of free time c: A lot of people will be scouring the 'net for RPGs come July and it'd be awesome if the site's ready for that peak in activity.

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispy Bacon on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:32 pm

HTML HAS BEEN FIXED. SORRY ABOUT THAT. D>

I have no idea how to implement a bar as you suggested into the site coding wise, but I'll try to find out? OR IF DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES, I CAN EDIT IT INTO THE SITE BANNER HAHAHAHA (no one will know).

BUT I LIKE EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED YES. <D

Crispy Bacon
Admin

Character Sheet
HP:
42/42  (42/42)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:38 pm

LOL I'M SURE NO ONE WILL NOTICE

Or the bar can also be under the site description with a brief description of the event that's going on. (Like in the part where it says 'a roleplay forum dedicated to canon... etc.')

Also YAY HTML THANKS :D

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 am

we should have one where two or three gods get into a dispute 8D

and it can be like idk taking sides and everything and campers will have these borders on friendships and disputes amongst different cabins

and chiron can't stop them because i mean its the gods problem and a whole bunch of demigods siding with their lineage how is he supposed to do that

and then the issue can be resolved by either a quest or when the gods find out it was a misunderstanding etc i dont really care heh

its might turn out totally pointless but hey - its fun roleplaying campers having a go at each other for a real reason xD

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinius on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:11 am

wow i'm imagining like a romeo and juliet scene and it's really cool??? minus the lovers of course. i literally just mean the families bustin' caps in asses.

and i have a few ideas to tack onto the end of it, too. uwu it is a mystery~

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
69/69  (69/69)

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:58 pm

YES. PLEASE. AU is so much better than canon. This'd be so much better, you have way more freedom with the plot and can make rules and events happen without people going 'um this isn't in the books you're crazy'. breakfast now I'll edit with more later

with fear

Charlie

Character Sheet
HP:
27/27  (27/27)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Omg yes no mortal canons that'd be confusing oTL

Though the labyrinth should stay no matter what /nods

Summer