canon names

View previous topic View next topic Go down

canon names

Post by Summer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 am

Harlow yet again c:

I'm thinking that making canon accounts would be neater.
Because you won't have any problem identifying who are canons for what etc. And its also easier to keep track of their posts to see if they stick to their character. Those accounts could be chatbox disabled? For roleplaying only because its a serious thing and having an official-site-type account chatting away nonsense -as we all always do- doesn't exactly give out that serious vibe. ouo It won't exactly be double accounting because admins can just take back the account and stuff. And since canon characters don't take up character slots, post counts/getting drachmas shouldn't matter too. But if it does then...

Canon charries can be 'hired/paid' to go and roleplay in someone else's rp :D And however many drachmas a canon gets at the end of the month through posts are transferred into the member's account? If possible maybe the accounts can be given the privilege of drachma transfers (ONLY OUT OF) with their account to lessen the trouble of admins doing it for them.
Or the canon with the most in the end of the month gets the drachmas? The rest gets transferred to the bank idk you can play around with that reward system or scrap the idea or something.
There can be a special thread for 'canon jobs' or a thread for members to request a canon interference etc. Canons can have a hidden area/thread thing for them to discuss and post things? Maybe members can fill in a form to PM an admin of a request who would then post it in the Canon Place for canons to accept. If it becomes a common, official thing then members who do not want random canon interference could put a sign beside their topic title. (NC) -no canons- perhaps? Or (GAC) -go away canons-.

Actually this is all to encourage canons to stay active >< Because I've been a canon and I've realised that there's not a great deal of plotlines to create because not only would the canon have to follow Riordan's personalization of them but also the book's plot etc the friends they make are also limited. And its weird roleplaying out a scene already in a book. Especially Percy Jackson as a canon akfadlkfa;lkjkfa I've been through a few roleplays but they didn't work out because it ended up awkward or boring. So I've been trying to come up with plots but to no avail. I think what canons need are plots.

And if the activity level of canons are supposed to increase then there would be a need for the accounts mentioned earlier for the reasons mentioned earlier (less messy, easier to keep track when the accounts don't change their name etc). I'm suggesting this early because otherwise asking to make canon accounts would be quite hard once more people join (and take those usernames oTL).

God/goddess canons can also randomly give out quests? 8D Like mini ones, real mini maybe just popping into a roleplay that seems to be running out of muse and telling the characters to do something for him/her (and pming them the minor details if the characters accept?). Like what Ares did to the questing trio in TLT to get his shield. Its interesting for the canons to think up and maybe also create a short two line quest prophecy/poem on the spot etc? Canons don't exactly have to have their gods/goddesses there, they can have a note magically appear on a table or in a bag. I mean, they are gods.

And btw are canons going to be the cabin leaders of their cabins (those that are like Annabeth, Clarisse etc)? I think if you guys are going to follow the book and have canons they should because it'll be awkward for the canons otherwise. Those cabins with a canon for cabin leader can also have a co-cabin leader?? c:

Whelp. This sounds quite odd an idea now I read it again /hides

~Summer
P.S: Gosh I have like a lot of things to suggest ranging from elections to weapons alfjfkfdlf;ljadjsf heh I love new sites. Do you want me to pm you guys or post them all here because they will take up like three topics ><

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: canon names

Post by Vinius on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 am

Okay i'm super groggy but I'm going to try to answer this a little bit.

First off, I haven't decided whether canons are going to exist on the site, because I haven't figured out what part of the plot we'll be in.

however, if there were canons, playing one in and of itself is a unique privilege, so they wouldn't get paid. For canons to be able to transfer drachmas, they'd need to be able to get into the admin panel, giving them higher than mod status, which is a little bit ridiculous, ahaha.

If we don't have canon campers, we'd obviously still have canon gods. However, if quests were to be given out, that would mean mods and admins would be playing the gods.

And if there were canons, they wouldn't be cabin leaders. Tbh canons kind of screw with the plot because we can't have fun irrelevant-to-the-plot battles with them really, and you wouldn't be able to just kill them off.

There are many things that I have planned that I simply haven't gotten around to addressing, ahahaha! Elections being one of them. I believe, that for the first round of staff, I'm going to be hand picking them, and depending on how that goes, we'll determine how things happen later.

As far as weaponry goes I'm not sure what your suggestion would be but we're sticking to the basic no guns, missiles, cannons, bombs, etc. and they don't HAVE to be celestial bronze, per se, but they're not going to break monster skin if they aren't??? and stygian iron weapons are going to be a little bit rarer, etc.

But feel free to make the topics! And I'm sorry if i sound like a broken record, ahahaha.

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
69/69  (69/69)

View user profile http://camphalfblood.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:43 am

But the name thing? Like canons having a separate account? It would be much less messy.

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:15 am

I was under the impression that there won't be canons anymore...? With the exceptions of the gods, goddesses and major mythological figures like Chiron, that is. And I don't think it would be practical to have separate accounts for each of them because there are so many lol.

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:23 am

Yeah, the gods/goddesses could have separate accounts.

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:26 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_gods
^ Separate accounts for each? I really don't think it's practical xD

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:32 am

Pshh maybe just the major twelve olympians plus a few minor ones like hestia, hecate, nyx, etc. c: And people like Chiron. Or people to meet on quests.

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top