da monehh and suggestions :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

da monehh and suggestions :D

Post by Summer on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:04 am

Hey so I came across the drachma shop, and I kind of noticed that the prices for most some stuff were quite... high.

Such as buying a character power. I understand that a character having powers is supposed to be uncommon, yet with the stuff in the shop, nobody's starter character(s) would be able to have any powers, because they'd have to earn 2000 drachmas first. Which makes roleplaying a little less fun - quite boring actually. Because people like me roleplay PJO because it involves supernatural powers. Else it'd just be roleplaying a teenage life in a camp. With swords and bows and arrows. Wouldn't it be much more interesting to be able to shoot flaming arrows that explode into ice instead.

Perhaps the first power could be free? The rest to be paid for?

It wouldn't be a problem though, if earning drachmas got easier -hinthint- Only one per post/three per topic with random contests doesn't cut it for me T_T Its like having to post ten thousand times to get a few stuff. And as much as I want to no way do I have time to do that T_T

The mission thing gave me an idea though, which is to post jobs/challenges for random members to undertake. It can be considered an activity or something, for fun for members to earn drachmas.

For example, a job could be to roleplay a character losing his/her temper convincingly for at least five posts (with another partner but the partner doesn't have to take on the challenge - it can be staged in a normal roleplay AFTER the member has asked for the challenge). And if someone takes on the challenge (it will be listed as [taken]) and successfully completes it they get the amount of drachmas listed. Like 300, for example. They should be short and simple tasks, just to entertain members and help them earn drachmas in a more interesting way.

Actually to be honest, I think reducing the price would be the best deal. Especially for a site that's just started, else nobody would ever buy from the shop. Other than to change their names.
SeeIevenhaveanexample:
[13:12:52 14/04/13] Charlie : i'm never going to buy anything from the drachshop rofl
And look he wasn't even bribed by me to say that. >:P

Idk heh the above are all just suggestions. Feel free to consider them or dump them into the lava pit.

^^
~Summer

Summer

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: da monehh and suggestions :D

Post by Vinius on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:07 pm

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU A THING \owo/

As you've explained about the drachma shop, the fact that your starter characters can't have powers is one of the points. I've seen so many ridiculous OP characters that it makes me die a little on the inside. If you want a superpower rp, well, that's actually known as gifted rping which is literally people with special abilities. Which I am super in love with to??? I'm totally not against powers, but I don't want people relying solely on them. We can't all be Percy Jacksons, even though I've seen a ton of characters who are stronger than him. A lot of characters don't even have powers, actually. Annabeth and Clarisse didn't. Nobody had fire power except Leo and I think it was Beckendorf, etc. Charmspeak was limited to like two people??? So I'm trying to make it a little more difficult to attain a power.

As for the prices, you're very correct! This site is new, and as such, everything is experimental. Already we've adjusted it so that you can have minor god characters for free~ And I'm still playing with the prices, and will be for a while. My original objective with the prices being high was, a.) it would keep from abuse of each thing, i.e. someone changing their name twice a day and you end up having no idea who they are anymore, and b.) because rp doesn't give you so much on its own, if you really want something in the drachma shop, you're likely to get involved in the different contests and missions and such, so that there's more than one entry for fanfic and what not, rofl. It's a bit of incentive to get involved and do MORE than just rping.

I also haven't gotten to it but there will most certainly also be sales on the different thing. Along with specific dates of the year that things will be significantly cheaper, I was thinking possibly a monthly sale. Where one week a month ~something~ will go on sale. Whatever that is would be up to the admin(s) in charge of running the shop, likewise with the week that it is. You could very well have two back-to-back weeks of sales and then another three weeks without! But that's experimental and something I'm not ready to try just yet.

Currently in the modhouse I've set up a topic for where basic contest templates would be, though I haven't filled them out yet. And once the contests actually appear on the site--again, we'll need more members for this--i think the rewards will be rather generous. Or, at least, I hope! And if not, feel free to suggest better rewards!! :D

Another reason I haven't completely decided on powers is because I want to get a general check of what kind of members we have on the site and whether or not they're responsible enough not to just go LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT every battle and never lose. So far you're all people I personally know to be super competent and responsible with that but if more people join than who knows? Waiting for the place to fill out before I make huge changes.

ROFL CHARLES I promise there are plenty of ways to get drachmas, and it's very super possible that the prices will change. I'm not particularly good with money??? and still playing with things! /clicks all the buttons

I really really like the job idea though??? like I'm gonna try to get that added soon because it's p brilliant lakjsdlkaslksad /lays down

Vinius
Lieutenant Buttface

Character Sheet
HP:
69/69  (69/69)

View user profile http://camphalfblood.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:24 pm

The job idea is awesome js. I foresee it giving me a lot of muse in the future 8D

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 pm

If you looked at my post count on other chb you would see that I have less than 400 posts and I've been there for a year and a half. The reason I won't buy anything from the drachshop is because I don't post often and I don't mind just basic rping anyway. I have more fun developing characters than playing with fun powers and pets. But yes everything is just a little expensive, although this is all new site stuff that will change as we find the balance so that's fine/

far saph I love your avatar

oh and I like the job idea too.

with fear

Charlie

Character Sheet
HP:
27/27  (27/27)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:49 am

The job idea is very good yes /nod

STANDING THERE BY THE BROKEN TREE, HER HANDS WERE ALL TWISTED,
SHE WAS POINTING AT ME. I WAS DAMNED BY THE LIGHT COMING OUT OF HER EYES,
SHE SPOKE WITH A VOICE THAT DISRUPTED THE SKY. SHE SAID WALK ON OVER HERE
TO THE BITTER SHADE, I WILL WRAP YOU IN MY ARMS AND YOU'LL KNOW
THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile http://cityofangels.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandanote on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:16 am

"I've seen so many ridiculous OP characters that it makes me die a little on the inside."

I'm newish you could say, but I was invited here ^_^ and I thought I'd like to put in an input.

I personally think, characters don't have to be OP, as admin, mods, charrie mods whatever, you accept or tell people to change something in a character so if you think they're too over bearing or something, then you can tell them that before you approve their character, they don't always know better and with helpful guidance from experienced writers and such you can tell them they've crossed the line and such! (: just thought I'd throw that out there to consider. I'm not trying to defy anything of your reasoning, I just thought, as an experienced roleplayer, and being an admin on a site before all of this I know a bit of this stuff too, and like I said I was just trying to get an input.

And for sure right now, maybe lower the prices a tad but once the place gets booming slowly increase the price, it's like an economy! Where slowly everything goes up in price because people are earning more money. Just something to consider (:
Pandanote

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top