White demon love song down the hall, White demon shadow on the road, Back up your mind, there is a call [Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

White demon love song down the hall, White demon shadow on the road, Back up your mind, there is a call [Private]

Post by Faith Lehane on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:09 am

Devon Bryson, Son of Thaumas and Tortured Soul

This is the best thing that could've happened,
Any longer, and I wouldn't have made it,
It's not a war, no, it's not a rapture,
I'm just a person, but you can't take it...

'Baaaaaaaaack.'
Devon looked up from his bedside table to see Maxime breezing into Cabin Thirteen, a huge grin on her face and two bags clutched in her hands.
So obviously she didn't buy a new straightener. Or was it a hairdryer she was going to get when she took all of the money I had in my wallet? I do get confused by everything she wants...
'Aren't you going to ask what I bought?' Maxime pouted, chucking the bags onto his bed and following them soon after.
'If I say no does that mean you'll not tell me?' he replied patiently, knowing full well Max would tell him anyways.
'I got a straightener on a deal! Isn't that good? And then I bought myself some clothes as well. Taylor should totally come shopping with me sometime. We'd have so much fun!- Why have you changed?'

Devon had indeed changed his clothes from earlier, trying to smarten himself up for the night. Okay, so he wasn't putting on his tuxedo and wearing cuff links, but he'd made an effort. He'd worn clean jeans, which had only one slash over the left knee. (And he was pretty sure the slash was supposed to be there, as in it was the design of the jeans. Pretty sure. Like, 99% sure... 90%.) He had also donned a clean grey T-Shirt, and a red shirt open over it. Nothing could be done about his shoes, which were the same runners from earlier, slightly off color and with a couple stains on the side.
Nervously, he ran a hand through his hair, which was sticking up in lots of random ways, and which he could do absolutely nothing about.

'I'm going out tonight. To a diner... with Taylor.'
His sisters smile was overly bright, but he wasn't expecting what she was going to say next.
'And you're all worried that she'll not think you look okay. Aww. Its usually girls that do that, you know. Worry about their appearances and stuff. Well, you look okay-'
'Thanks Maxime.'
'-if she likes the "Just rolled out of bed and too tired to do anything" type of look,' she finished in a happy voice, and scooted over before her brother could do something like pull her hair or whatever.
Resolving to just ignore Max until the time he left, Devon settled to nervously rearranging his bedside table and running his fingers through his bronze hair.
Nearly seven...
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile http://cityofangels.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: White demon love song down the hall, White demon shadow on the road, Back up your mind, there is a call [Private]

Post by Sapphire on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:02 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
Taylor had just finished putting her hair up in a messy ponytail, tucking stray red strands behind her ears. Unlike other girls who would have put on fancy clothes and shiny jewelry for events such as this, Taylor opted for a more simple style. She donned a loose-fitting black hoodie reaching halfway through her thighs and a pair of skinny jeans. Red checkered sneakers completed her not-too-girly outfit. As Taylor paused to study her reflection, she began having some doubts regarding her appearance. She was a girl, after all. Shouldn't she be a little less... boyish in choosing her clothes?

After a few seconds, she heaved a resigned sigh. Screw it. I'm not going to change who I am. If Devon didn't like it then... sucks to be him. And I'd be kicking myself afterwards but hey, sucks more to pretend, right?

Grabbing her wallet from the table beside her bunk, Taylor gave the mirror one last glance before leaving her room. Most of the kids had already left for the mess hall, she noticed, as the cabin seemed to hold lesser people than usual. Making her way through the hallway, she tried to tune out most of the voices coming from the rooms but one of them caught her attention. It was Maxime's. She paused in her steps, turning to stare at a particular door for a few seconds. So that was where Devon and Max stayed. Good to know. With a smile on her face, Taylor continued to the living room and plopped down on one of the comfy sofas. It would have been too weird to knock on the twins' room. She didn't want to come off as some kind of stalker.

As she leaned back and waited, Taylor started to fidget with her fingers for something to do. A look at her watch told her that it was five minutes to seven. That was good. Taylor hated being late. Although now, being earlier than she should, she began to feel more like a girl on pre-first dates. She hastily wiped off the beads of sweat forming on her temples and forced her fingers to curl into fists to stop them from trembling ever-so-slightly. Calm down, nerves, she told herself but to no avail - she still felt more skittish than she should. Biting her lip, Taylor glanced up at the wall clock to count off the seconds she would have to wait.

Four more minutes to go...
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: White demon love song down the hall, White demon shadow on the road, Back up your mind, there is a call [Private]

Post by Faith Lehane on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:59 am

'So where are you meeting her?' Maxime asked in her chirpy British Accent, and Devon turned, giving her a dirty look.
'Its your business why?'
'Cause I'm gonna say "Hi!" duh. What, you think you're the only one who can say "Hi!" to your love interest?'
Dev had to resist the urge to throw one of the ornaments on his shelf at her, and she knew it from the smile on her face. It seemed that Maxime lived only to torture her brother, and to make his life a living hell. Which she succeeded in. Daily.
'She's not my love interest. We're friends. You know? Those people you talk to nicely and aren't supposed to prank but you do anyways? Or in your case, those people who you delight in pranking daily?'
His cheeks had grown redder at her words however, she had obviously noticed. But Max didn't make a big deal out of it, and instead she feigned hurt.
'But Devon... I thought you were the person I was supposed to delight in pranking daily? Are you... are you accusing me of cheating on you?'

One glance down at his watch told him it was two minutes to seven, and like he'd been electrically shocked, he jumped up. Maxime got a shocked and jumped slightly, but stood calmer than he had.
'Oooh its time is it? Keys? Wallet? Money in the wallet? Picture of me in the wallet? Check, check, double check. So you're ready to go, yes?'
While she prattled on, Devon patted his pockets, making sure his wallet was there, making sure everything which he was supposed to have was there. Totally ignoring his sister, he picked up his jacket and opened the door to his room, walking out without checking his appearance again.
If I do, I'll end up finding something wrong with the jeans or something, and then I'll be late and that would just be bad.

Unfortunately, Maxime followed him the whole way to the living room, only a step or two behind him. When he stopped, she nearly walked straight into him, because she'd started talking (Again.)
'- And then the fact you don't invite your own sister! You didn't stop to think at all did you? Didn't think "Oh, Maxime might like a night out... maybe I should invite her?" Shows you how far sibling loyalty goes...'

Devon had just spotted Taylor though, and it suddenly became much easier to tune his sister out. He hadn't been expecting her to dress up and go all girly on him, cause of the fact she hadn't seemed very girly when they were talking. Her outfit was casual, like his own. Black hoodie, jeans, a pair of sneakers. She hadn't even done much with her hair, just pulling it back in a messy ponytail.
Smiling crookedly, Devon made his way closer to her.
'Sorry if I'm a minute or two late. I had a problem with an Empousa. Unfortunately, she's yet to leave me alone,' he didn't turn his head to the sound of an annoyed sigh, instead continuing on, 'And you look great. I suddenly feel very overdressed.'
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
Three minutes... No, Tay, don't chew your fingernails. That's gross.

Two minutes... Breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

One minute... Oh gods he isn't one of those people who just comes in late every time is he -

As if on cue, Maxime's all-too-familiar voice rang out in the hallway. Taylor straightened up in her seat, making sure that she had erased all signs of sweat from her face and barely holding back a smirk at Max's protests. She couldn't help but feel somewhat smug at her irritation. After all, Taylor was still mad at the girl for pulling that stunt earlier. Not too mad that she might strangle her to the brink of death, but still annoyed nonetheless.

Chuckling, Taylor rose to her feet. Devon looked as normal as she was, sporting an unbuttoned red shirt over a grey one, ripped jeans and shoes. He hadn't gone all tuxedo on her which was good, because now it felt to her like a comfortable friend's night-out (although it did count as a date in her books) instead of a sappy romantic one-on-one where the parties were forced into clothes that were too tight or too hot.

"Hey! I don't know about being overdressed. You look great too," she said, grinning widely at him. Thinking it too rude to just pretend that Maxime wasn't present, she acknowledged her with a slight nod. "Hey, Max."
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:10 pm

'Believe me. This is Devon's idea of "dressing up". If you want him to wear a tuxedo, die. Cause that's pretty much the only time he'll wear one,' Maxime piped up before Devon could say anything, and had to jump to the left when he attempted to kick her leg.
She smiled widely at Taylor, her eyes shining as she nodded back to her.
'Hey, Love Interest,' before anything could be said, she continued, 'See, your outfit is the reason you need to come shopping with me some time. I'd totally give you some shopping tips. Goodbye hoodies, goodbye sneakers. Hello new clothes!'
She failed to notice that she herself is wearing a hoodie and sneakers... Devon sighed, taking in his sisters appearance.
Her hair was still curly, but it wasn't bothering her much anymore given how she had her new straighteners. She had put on her grey hoodie, and her converse sneakers were slightly worn.

Devon shook his head at his sister, wishing it was legal to murder someone (Again).
'So Taylor. Should we go out to the hill or no?' he asked, making an effort to smile even though he was mentally murdering Maxime.
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:30 pm

TAYLOR BROOKS
Taylor couldn't help but laugh at the tuxedo comment. It seemed like Max and Devon shared a bit more than just looks. As much as she didn't want to admit it, the girl had a pretty good sense of humor. But then, any trace of amusement she felt faded at what she supposed was Max's new nickname for her. Love Interest. Seriously?

Taylor was unable to stop the facepalm that followed. It was a good cover up for the slight pink tinge on her cheeks though. "Thanks for the offer but I don't shop... much..." she trailed off, wondering if this was even the right thing to say. The last thing she needed was to give Max an incentive to drag her to the nearest mall. Besides, looking at the girl, she really didn't know what she was going on about, considering that they pretty much wore similar clothes.

Casual reminder that this is the girl who most likely spent Dev's forty dollars on shopping, a small voice in her mind said, and all seeds of doubt disappeared. She made a mental note to find a place where Max couldn't find her, lest she get dragged to a shopping mall.

"Yeah, I'm starving," she told Devon, patting her empty stomach. Before she could start leading him to the door or something, she snuck a discreet glance at Max. She isn't coming... is she?
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Maxime was obviously proud that she had gotten a laugh out of Taylor. You could see it on her face, cause she looked like the cat that got the cream.
I've never even known what that phrase means until now.
She smiled brightly at Taylor even though Tay's amusement had obviously all dried up.

Her smile grew even brighter at Taylor facepalm, and Devon shifted his weight awkwardly, wishing he could shut Max up, but knowing he couldn't. Dev knew as well as anyone that when she got started, she was impossible to stop. Unfortunately.
'Aw. That's too bad. We could have had fun,' surprisingly, Maxime sounded slightly crestfallen, and for a moment, her smile fell.
But as if she was hoping no one had noticed, she brightened up again, and perked her smile up, and Devon wondered had he even saw what he thought he'd saw.

'Same. Food would be welcome right now,' he chuckled.
Devon glanced at his sister around the same time as Taylor did, raising an eyebrow to her.
Well, Max? What are you doing? Are ya gonna insist on accompanying us, or are you going to do something right for a change and stay here?
Max, for her part, kept her smile in place and waved them off as she sat down where Taylor had been sitting.
'Go on. Have fun. I'll be a good little girl and stay here.'
Instantly, Devon breathed a sigh of relief, and resolved to not say no next time his sister asked for something, as payment.
'Bye Max.' And thanks.
His sister looked up at him and Tay.
'See ya Dev. Bye, Taylor.'

STANDING THERE BY THE BROKEN TREE, HER HANDS WERE ALL TWISTED,
SHE WAS POINTING AT ME. I WAS DAMNED BY THE LIGHT COMING OUT OF HER EYES,
SHE SPOKE WITH A VOICE THAT DISRUPTED THE SKY. SHE SAID WALK ON OVER HERE
TO THE BITTER SHADE, I WILL WRAP YOU IN MY ARMS AND YOU'LL KNOW
THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:22 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
I'm not sure if we have the same definition for the word 'fun', Taylor thought, imagining Max skimming through lines of blouses while she sat on a bench and chewed on french fries. She could definitely see that happening. Putting her thoughts aside, Taylor shifted uncomfortably when a crestfallen look passed over Max's features. It looked so genuine but it disappeared quickly, causing Taylor to wonder if she had just imagined it all.

"Bye," Taylor said with a small wave. A little relieved that Max seemed to show no indication of following, she backed away and shot Devon a challenging look complete with a half-smirk. "Race you to the hill!"

She disappeared behind the door, leaving it open for him. Honestly, Taylor was such a kid sometimes. But hey, she thought as she sped across the grass, might as well test if he can deal with it.
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:57 am

Devon knew as well as the next person that if Max really wanted Taylor to go shopping with her, she would get her way sooner or later. It was only a matter of time, a little waiting, some patience, and then she would ask again. If it was a no once more, then it would be another matter of waiting and she would pounce. She got her way by default, because by the time the person gave in she would have asked hundreds of times.
But she still, she had looked disappointed for a moment, and Devon was almost sure he'd seen it. With Maxime, it was hard enough to guess what she was feeling, because she kept everything bottled up inside, instead of letting them out. Her whole persona was one of an incredibly bubbly girl, but he knew that at times she could get just as sad and just as angry as someone else. She just didn't show it.
Which would explain how, as soon as she realized she was letting that emotion show, she pulled a mask over it.

He admired how Taylor was able to give Max a small wave and a decent Bye, especially after her stunt from earlier. In her situation, Dev wouldn't have been able to be as decent. And yeah, he was still mad at his sister, but naturally, he was more prone to forgiving her than someone else would be. She had that effect on him: If she wanted something, she'd get it eventually. If he was angry at her, she'd make sure he wasn't angry two hours later. If he was annoyed, she'd make sure to change that emotion to something like niceness.

He couldn't stop the sudden laugh as Taylor challenged him, and as she disappeared through the door he threw one last look at his little sister.
But he soon sped after the red head, running through the open door and following her in the direction of the hill. If he'd had any inclination too, he might have attempted to run faster, but instead he settled to keeping a reasonable pace.
What is it everyone says? With the little story of the turtle and the hare? "Slow and Steady Wins The Race."

:/:/OOC: Ahahaha no words or spoken things :D

THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
Taylor welcomed the night breeze that blew at her face and hair, letting her ponytail sway freely behind her. It was dark out, the only light coming from the moon, the cabin windows and the mess hall in the distance. She could see campers filing in and out of the building from here, looking like small shadowy dots under the moonlight. It was probably a good thing how Taylor knew these paths by heart. She didn't have to look where she was going - well, not as frequently, anyway.

Slowing down just enough to throw a wary glance behind her back, Taylor let a soft chuckle escape her lips when she saw Devon quite far behind. Was he even trying? "Hey!" she yelled after him, whipping around and trekking backwards, "doing alright there?"

Grinning, Taylor turned around once more to pick up her pace, only for her foot to get snagged on a small hole on the ground. The seemingly little thing was enough to catch her by surprise. Losing her balance, Taylor went crashing down, face-first on the grass. It didn't hurt... much. At least there was grass, and she wasn't bleeding anywhere.

She spat a curse under her breath. Was Devon too far away to have seen this? Taylor prayed that was the case. Ahaha, she deadpanned mentally, her palms pushing the ground, I suck.
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:02 am

He grinned at Taylor, and slowed ever so slightly, seeing as though she had.
'Just fine! Nothing like a night run, if you get me.'

While Taylor probably would have preferred Devon didn't notice her fall, he had caught up enough to see the whole thing. As she fell, he sped up, as if he could catch her before she hit the ground, but it was near impossible to do such a thing. When he realized that she'd gone down face first on the grass, he swallowed back sudden panic and rushed forward, stopping beside her.
'Well... what did the ground ever do to you?' he asked, trying a rather weak attempt at humour.
Devon had a good enough view of her that he was almost positive (98% Sure), that she wasn't bleeding, and that she had no head injury. So he bent over and offered his hand to her, smiling slightly.
'Want a hand?'

THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:20 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
Aaaand Devon saw. Might as well crawl into a hole and die.

"It tripped me, okay. Ground obviously doesn't like people running on it," Taylor said, hoping it was dark enough to cover her blush. They weren't even in the date-part yet and she was already making a fool of herself. She could see Devon's worn-out shoes out of the corner of her eye and his hand soon followed, sliding into her line of sight.

Oh well, what have I got to lose? she thought as she reached out and clasped it, using him as leverage to pull herself back up on her feet. Fishing out her hanky, Taylor then tried to wipe away whatever dirt and grass that stayed clinging to her skin and clothes, making sure that none of them was left on her face. "Thanks, by the way. I swear this doesn't usually happen."

Yeah maybe your smile was just that distracting. Ha, as if she'd ever admit that aloud.

Then she realized that she was still holding his hand and she quickly let go, her lips stretching into a sheepish grin.
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 am

Here was me worrying about tripping over and embarrassing myself in front of Taylor...

'Or possibly, it doesn't mind people running on it, but it has a secret vendetta against you,' Devon smiled, not noticing her blush.
A couple people had stopped to see what had happened, but as soon as they noticed Taylor was actually okay (as okay as she could be after falling face first, anyways), they moved on, laughing softly. Dev frowned at them, shaking his head before turning back to the fallen girl.

Pulling her up, he smiled again as she wiped away the grass and dirt which had stuck to her clothes and her skin. Thankfully, it didn't look like she had suffered memory loss from the knock to her head, and it also didn't look like she'd broken anything.
'It actually does happen to me, a load. And Max is even worse. I'm surprised it happened to you though,' he laughed.

He looked down at the ground to cover his blush as she let go of his hand, trying not to say something which would sound stupid. He hadn't even noticed she'd still been holding his hand, but now she'd let go, he realized he'd probably been holding onto hers as well.

THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 pm

TAYLOR BROOKS
"Me and the ground get along well. Maybe it just wanted a hug!"

Taylor spied some people who laughed at her misfortune but she took it in her stride, even letting a soft string of chuckles pass through her lips. Catching Devon's frown, she said, "Hey, don't worry about it. I'd probably laugh too if I were them."

She smiled, learning that he and Max had a clumsy streak. She didn't find it hard to believe. Hadn't Devon knocked the books off her hands when they met? It was rather irritating back then, but now it looked a little laughable now that she replayed it in her mind's eye. But then, she was in much better mood now compared to when she sulked in the library. "Well don't get used to it. It probably won't happen again," she told him.

Pull off another one of those crooked smiles and I won't be so sure, echoed a mischievous voice in her mind, and Taylor imagined pushing the speaker out of her head. She was too busy doing that to take notice of the Devon's darkened cheeks. Certain that she had gotten out most of the dirt, Taylor craned her neck and spotted the distant line that was the peak of the hill, turning back to Devon innocently.

"So... does this mean I'm out of the race? Or we could say I won and walk up the hill like completely normal human beings..."
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:17 am

'Yes, I am sure that the floor simply wanted a hug,' Devon laughed.

He threw one more frown at the laughers before turning back to Taylor, surprised that she could be so good-natured about it. She hadn't struck Devon as someone who would take people laughing at her calmly. The fact she had even chuckled herself surprised him most, but he smiled again anyways.
'Sometimes, I think its too easy to laugh at others. When its you in the same situation, things change pretty quickly.'

Just like how I can laugh at Max when she trips, but I can't find it too funny when I trip. Even though, when I look back on it, the whole thing was funny.
'I don't doubt that. I think that tonight, the person in most danger of embarrassing themselves falling over is me,' he chuckled softly, resolving to take extra special care on where he stepped.

Following her gaze, Devon looked at the distant Half Blood Hill, just spotting Thalia's Pine swaying in the night breeze.
'I agree with the walking up that hill like normal humans, but I definitely think I should win that race. Afterall, I was left standing, while you, unfortunately, had to give the ground a hug. If anything, the victor should be the one who stayed on their feet,' he said it as innocently as Taylor had, trying to keep a serious face.

THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:06 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
"It's not like it's a life-and-death situation," Taylor said off-handedly, hearing the laughs die down. She would've yelled if it was. Like, why are you laughing your heads off is my dying funny to you or something along those lines. But she wasn't dying, in fact she felt giddily alive. As Devon had reiterated, she simply gave the ground a hug.

"Well, you do have a fair point," mused Taylor, looking as if in deep thought as she placed her fingers under her chin. Her moment of seriousness was quickly cut short when the all-too-familiar mischievous grin formed on her lips. She let her hands drop back to her sides. "Forget being normal human beings then. The race is back on."

Taylor was already moving even before she finished speaking. Giving Devon a peace sign, she whipped around in mid-step and darted towards the darkness as if she had never stopped. The night wind carried her pealing laughter across the near-silence as she ran, not anymore noticing if Devon had somehow put on a huge burst of speed and overtook her, only enjoying the limited carefree moments offered by the world full of danger.
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:00 am

'Evidently not,' he smiled slightly, finally sure she wasn't actually injured.
If she had been, he would have expected her to have said something by now. The fact she could be so off-hand, and not even care that others had been laughing just made him think for definite that she was as fine as she could be. Possibly a little embarrassed, but he couldn't even see any sign of that on her features.

Like the gullible fool he is, Devon watched Taylor's deep in thought expression, thinking that they were going to do exactly what she'd said, and act like "Normal Human Beings". He opened his mouth to say something, probably that him having a fair point was known to happen on occasion, but was cut short as her mischievous grin appeared on her face. Before he had a chance to say anything, she'd declared the race back on and was already on her way.

Since he hadn't been expecting anything of the sort, Devon stood shocked for a few seconds, his brain trying to piece everything he'd just heard to what he'd just seen (Although he was sort of stuck on that one image of her giving him the peace sign, and how cute she'd been then).
When he fully comprehended what Taylor had just said, he chuckled softly and began jogging. Then, he sped up a little, into the running stage. Even if he couldn't exactly see her in the darkness, he could hear her laughter, and he followed it. Seeing as though he didn't even know where exactly she was except for the direction her laughter was coming from, he didn't want to risk running to try overtake her and then running into her before he could stop himself. That would likely end in both of them on the ground, beat up and probably not in the mood for a date.

THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
Taylor's laughs died down quickly enough, turning into gasps of breath as she ran uphill. It was dark all around, the only sources of light being the fireflies hovering around the few dandelions left and the pavilion fire looking like candlelight from this distance. Not being in the mess hall at this time of the night felt a little strange for the daughter of Khione. She was not with her cabinmates for a change, not holding a goblet that catered specifically for her needs, but the feeling wasn't unpleasant. Taylor couldn't deny the growing excitement at being a normal teenager for once, without the swords and the supernatural. A rebellious one at that. This wasn't the first time Taylor snuck behind Chiron's back and disappeared into the outside world for the night but that didn't make the experience any less exhilarating... especially with her present company.

Grinning widely, Taylor slowed down the moment the ground started to level under her feet. Her breaths came in shallow little pants as she leaned forward with her hands on her knees. "Finally..."

The absence of footsteps behind her startled her slightly. Did Devon beat her to the finish line? Surely he wasn't slow enough to actually fall more than a few steps behind, what with his height advantage and longer legs. Taylor lifted her head up. "Uh... Devon?"
coded by sapphire

ooc: you might wanna make the color of your text lighter. it's a little hard to read.

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:25 am

Devon wasn't exactly the competitive sort. He had grown up with a very controlling little sister, who had been both a cheat and a guilt tripper. When playing games, be them board or playground types, he had grown used to letting Maxime, and others, win. It had become second nature, since many who he would have played with would have complained had he won. He had lost to keep friends. Devon Bryson, always the peacekeeper.
He had never really ran, either. Maybe it was a genetic trait, maybe it was just a slight flaw with the twins, but both were clumsy. Devon had always opted out of playing games like Tag, or any other running games, because he knew it would most likely end in pain. Maxime, on the other hand, was one to always surpass her own limits. She knew she wasn't exactly co-ordinated, and yet she had always played games with others, and even after she was injured doing something she would go back and do it again. Whereas Devon just gave up before he could get hurt.
But Taylor was different to the others he had hung out with throughout the years. She was playful and confident, and something about her made him want to beat her. The opinion she had given him was one of a girl who wasn't going to hold back just because she was out with someone. She was in it too win it. And any sort of inclination he had to let her win flew straight out the window. 
Speeding up, Devon continued to listen to her laughter, but this time he wasn't following it. He was trying to pass it out, to run ahead of it.
Naturally, he stumbled a couple times, especially as the ground started to slope, and he had to push himself more. He wasn't even paying attention now, so he hadn't even noticed that the laughter had faded. Now he was just working on getting up the hill while still running, as he had to take in more and more breath, breathing heavily.

Finally, the ground levelled off, and he slowed to a jog, then to a walk, and finally just stopped. Not used to running as fast as he had up a sloped surface, nevermind a flat one. Devon was gasping for breath, his feet heavy beneath him, and so instead of standing he settled to first sitting down on the cold grass, and then to lying back on the grass, staring up at the dark sky. 
Only moments later Taylor ran over the side of the hill, and stopped to catch her breath. He smiled slightly, still breathing deeply, and half-raised his hand to wave it from the ground.
'Here... And I believe this round goes to me,' he said, suppressing a laugh.

:/:/OOC: Yeah. The editor screwed everything up on me and I just couldn't sort it out. So eventually I just gave up lol

THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
Taylor was surprised to hear that the voice came from somewhere below her, and squinting through the limited light she finally found Devon lying on the cold grass with his hand half-raised. Her mouth fell open slightly, wondering how on earth she didn't notice him passing her. He couldn't have just teleported... could he? Taylor straightened up, her breaths still coming in wheezes, managing a toothy grin at the guy.

"Fine. You win... for now." Taylor laughed a little, savoring the breeze. "Don't get too used to the feeling though. One of these days I just might snatch the crown off your hands."

Taylor drew closer, plopping down to sit next to him. The run uphill did drain her for a bit and she couldn't blame Devon for wanting to lie down. She would have done the same thing too, if she wasn't so sticky with sweat. She already had a very close encounter with the ground recently. Taylor didn't want to have a close repeat and having to dust all the dirt off her skin and clothes again. "You know we could just have a picnic right here. The stars are nice and all," she suddenly blurted out. "We don't have food though. How sad."
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:29 am

Devon was slowly catching his breath, his breathing getting lighter as the moments passed. A couple more, and he might even be able to pretend that run hadn't knocked all the breath out of him. Still, he managed to chuckle at her response, inclining his head in a sort of nod, the closest he could get to one lying down on the ground anyway.
'I have no doubt that this win was just a lot of luck,' he replied, smiling widely at her, 'And it would be my pleasure to have a rematch sometime, in which you'll snatch the crown. Maybe when its Sunny.'

As Taylor plopped down beside him, Devon used his hands to prop himself into a more appropriate sitting position. The whole resting while not having to move at all thing had worked wonders, and he was able to breathe with semi-normalcy now. No more panting to get some oxygen. Just able to sit normally beside Taylor, with a thrumming heartbeat.
Looking up at the sky, he was able to pick out the few constellations he knew. Not many of course, as he'd never been a big astronomy buff. Max's monthly reading of her Horoscope was the closest he got, and that wasn't even directly linked. No, Devon didn't know much about stars at all. But he had learned a few constellations, and even he would admit they were "Nice and all."
'It would have been nice to have a picnic,' he agreed, nodding while still looking up at the stars, 'We could always... come out here another time. At night, when the stars are out. Bring food and have a picnic. If you want too, of course.'
Hoping the darkness would hide his sudden blush, Devon tried to remain as casual as possible, looking up at the stars.
Did you seriously just propose a nighttime picnic? Before you've even had this date? Is it even a date?...

THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:52 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
"Well let's not get ahead of ourselves. The stars aren't going anywhere," Taylor chuckled with a slight shake of her head, already rising back to her feet. "We, on the other hand, should be in someplace else."

She fought back the wince that rose to her lips as she placed both hands on her sides and bent back a little. Taylor would have preferred to sit back and relax but of course, the less time they spent dawdling, the better. She didn't know about Devon, but she would feel a lot better sitting in a diner booth with a plate of delicious food set in front of her. Finally done stretching, Taylor directed her gaze to the pinpricks of city lights flickering in the horizon. A sudden thought occurred to her and she let out a nervous laugh.

"You know, this probably isn't a good time to mention that I haven't put much thought in our mode of transportation. Haha..."

Taylor wanted to kick herself for admitting that. Screw her ADHD. But then a lightbulb went on in her head and she found a way to cover up for mishap, turning to Devon with a devilish glint in her eyes.

"Well, there's always the Gray Sisters..."
coded by sapphire

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Faith Lehane on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Now that could have ended much worse than it did. Keep your mouth shut from this point on though, okay? Say the wrong thing, maybe seven of the wrong things, and then you might wreak everything...
'Very good point,' he replied lightheartedly, trying to pass off his earlier remark as something casual, something unimportant.
Even if he didn't think of it as unimportant.

He took another second sitting down, and then followed Taylor up onto his feet, standing slumped slightly, but as normal as possible. Running a hand through his already windswept hair, he mussed it up a bit more before following Taylor's gaze to the lights of the city. New York. So amazingly large and bright. Once inside, there was little chance of seeing stars or lights in the sky at night. The artificial light blocked all of that out, leaving just a plain view. Just a hazy, orange aura, made from each and every one of the streetlights and car lights and home lighting.

He couldn't help the grin that formed on his mouth at her words, given how he hadn't even given much thought to how they would get into the City. To be honest, he'd had other things on his mind. The last thing he would have thought about would have been were they using a car, a bus, a train or a boat (Even if two of them were rather unlikely). He'd just assumed it would be a quick cab drive, though now that he was thinking about it, there were very few cell phones in Camp that could be used to call a cab.
However, he raised a questioningly eyebrow at her suggestion, unsure of what exactly he could say. He'd heard of the Gray Sisters, of course. He knew what most other demigods knew about them from Mythology, and he had heard a rumour that they had a cab. But with only one eye and a tooth between them, he wouldn't have thought it a very plausible rumour. Surely they would have failed their driving test straight away, without the proper depth perception and such?
'Well... I have to admit I hadn't thought that rumour of the Gray Sisters was true.' And surely it would be a death trap on wheels if it was.
He thought about it for another few seconds and let his smile form once more.
'But if you know how to summon them, why not? It can't hurt to get there a little faster than other cabs would get us there.' Unless of course we get knocked down by a barely able to see Greek Deity who drives much too fast.

THAT YOU'RE SAVED.

LET ME SIGN
Faith Lehane

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapphire on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:27 am

Taylor peered around hopefully in the semi-darkness as if expecting a car to just pop up out of nowhere. Truth be told, she had never been in the rumored Gray Sisters' Taxi before. There had only been whispers of it, a few campers mentioning it in passing after eating rotten eggs for a bet ("Urghhh, I feel like I just went for a ride with the Gray Sisters, eughhh..."), but Taylor hadn't caught the faintest glimpse of what it actually looked like. She threw another hopeful glance at the pinpricks of city lights in the distance. Of course, it would probably be safer to call a normal cab, but the last thing she had on her was a cell phone, and it would be more dangerous to attempt a call. Heck, Taylor didn't even know anyone in camp who carried mobile phones with them, though she was sure there were some. Really, Tay, a snide voice in her mind echoed, You could've put some more thought into this.

"Sounds like a plan," Taylor said, wiping off a few beads of sweat forming on her temple. Hopefully this so-called taxi had some nice air conditioning. Even with the cool night wind, the recent run still made her feel warm. Not really a comfortable place for a daughter of Khione to be in. But of course, despite how Taylor yearned for some more chilly breeze right now, she faced another wall in their unplanned excursion.

How exactly does one summon that taxi?

"Uh, mythical Greek taxi, we summon you!" Taylor said boldly, raising her right hand to flag down an imaginary cab. Nothing happened.

Now really, Tay, do continue to make yourself look even more stupid than you already are.

"Okay uh," Taylor grinned sheepishly at Devon. "I don't know how to summon them." She nervously dug her hands inside her pocket and jingled the drachmas in there. Drachmas, the only currency taken by Iris messaging and other Greek figures. No doubt it would be what the Gray Sisters' Taxi would accept... if they were even real, that is. For all she knew it might have just been some kind of superstition that her fellow campers made up. Taylor absently fished out one of the Greek coins and began to toss it up and down just for something to do. Just an ADHD thing, she supposed.

"Well if worse comes to worst we can walk," Taylor suggested, becoming even more nervous by the second. She was not making a very good impression, was she? The thought made her want to curl up in shame. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all, she concluded with a grimace, and she was a tad too distracted to notice the coin she had been tossing up and down. She started to ramble at the same moment. "Maybe there's some magic words you have to say, y'know like 'Open Sesame' or something. Maybe a Greek thing? Like 'Stêthi'... that means 'stop', right? I don't really know what taxi is in Ancient Greek... is there even a direct translation to that? Like Stêthi, Gray Sister's Taxi - oops!"

In her haste, she dropped the drachma she had been absently playing with. Instead of landing on the grass though, it sank through the earth as if it was water. Before she could react, the faint screeching of tires echoed from the distance and became louder at each passing second. Almost at the same time, two beams of light illuminated the path before them. Like headlights. Car headlights.

coding and graphics by sapphire

ooc: i just had a huge stroke of inspiration. sorry for the uber lateness ;_;

Sapphire
Approver

Character Sheet
HP:
21/24  (21/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top