Little Walks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Little Walks

Post by dapperdanni on Thu May 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Rosie had found herself on the beach again. She loved the peace, the sound of the waves, the way the sand felt on her legs. Rosie layed out, staring up at the blue sky. She focused on the shapes of the clouds...one bunny, a pirate ship, a baby. It reminded her of home, making her snap her eyes shut, trying to change her thoughts. Rosalie got up from the warm sand, hearing another pair of footsteps make their way down the beach. She felt herself tense up before turning her head, finding the owner of the footsteps.

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Little Walks

Post by MLsweetart on Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Jonah slowly walks down the beach, a book tucked under his arm. Smiling he slowly sits down in the sand, by one of the sand dunes. Opening his book, Jonah buries his face in the book. After a few minutes, or more like an hour, he finally looks up. He closes his book and sets it next to his side.

He runs his fingers through his hair, trying to make it neater. However this only makes his hair look messier. Sighing, Jonah looks around the beach. He slowly stands up, and starts to walk towards the water. He might as well, wade in the water.

This is when Jonah notices the girl, stopping in his tracks. He bites his lip and watches her. If he's not mistaken, her name is Rosalie and she is a daughter of Aphrodite. Of course she's a daughter of Aphrodite, she's beautiful. Though that is a sterotype. He knows she is a daughter of Aphrodite, because he tends to learn everyone's names and what cabin they belong too.

Jonah sticks his hands in his pockets and stands there. He's not sure what to do. He could continue, but then he would have to talk to her. And he doesn't want to talk to anyone. Biting his lip, Jonah sits down in the sand. He then makes it look like he's busy, by opening his book again. He then pretends to read the book once more.

Kellen Bennett, Dionysus-18

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Fri May 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Rosie inspects him, trying to see who...Oh my god, it's Jonah. She's been resistant to talk to him since she thought he would believe the 'Aphrodite kids are dumb' stereotype. She looks at him through the corner of her eye,Isn't he cute...

She finally gets up, slowly walking over, mentally thanking herself for putting her hair up, less risk of messy hair. Rosie thought over what she should say, not wanting to scare the boy.
"You're Jonah, right?" Of course you know it's Jonah...So stupid, Rosalie.

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Jonah blinks, and slowly looks up to see Rosalie, walking towards him. He bites his lip and slowly looks back down at the book. She can't be walking to him. There's someone behind him. Someone behind him, that she wants to talk to. Not him. Who would want to talk to the poor little nerdy Athena boy? Certianlly not Rosalie. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Hearing her say something, Jonah bites his lip. Slowly he looks up, and stares at her. Is Rosalie, talking to him? Is this a dream? It sure seems like a dream. A pretty girl is talking to him. He opens his mouth to talk, but nothing comes out. Clearing his throat, he tries again.

"Yeah I'm Jonah"he says softly, sounding a bit hostile. He doesn't mean too, but it just comes out like that. He's used to people coming up to him, just because they need him to do something. "Your name is Rosalie"he says, not really asking a question. It's more like he's stating it.

"I suppose, you're here to ask me to fix something for you" he says, his tone dripping with sarcasam. He's so used to it by now, that he automatically assumes that's why people talk to him. Well either that, or they're making fun of him. But he hopes it's the first, the later is not so fun.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Fri May 31, 2013 8:45 pm

She nods quickly, excited that he knows her name. "Yes, Sir! I prefer being called Rosie, though." She says with a short giggle.

Rosalie looks at him confused, shaking her head. "No, I'm perfectly capable of fixing my own things..." Crap, that sounded really rude... She gave him a sugar-coated smile, hopefully showing him she didn't mean any harm. "I just haven't gotten the chance to talk to you before...that's all." That's a lie, you're just a big ol' coward. She plopped her slender body down next to his.

"You're one of the Athena boys, correct?" She asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement. She was giddy with herself for finally gaining up enough courage to speak to him, though Aphrodite girls weren't supposed t be that way...scared of boys.

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Jonah bites his lip and looks at Rosalie. This whole thing is just too weird. It's making him feel mighty uncomfortable. Shifting away from her, he turns and watches her. "Well that would be a first, most people never just want to talk to me" he says softly. Biting his lip he just watches her for a bit.

Running his fingers through his hair, Jonah thinks about what to say. [color=#006699"Yeah I'm one of the Athena boys"[/color]he says in a slightly hostile tone. Once more he doesn't mean it, but it just happened like that. He can't always help his tone. Sometimes the more hostile tone, just slips out.

Mentally cursing himself, Jonah turns to Rosalie. "You're a daughter of Aphrodite, right?"he says to her. He says it like a question, so she won't think he's creppy. But he of course already knows that she is a daughter of Aphrodite.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Fri May 31, 2013 9:28 pm

Rosie slightly frowned, noticing his un-comfort. "I can't imagine why..." She felt bad for him...He seemed like a person who would have friends, maybe even a girlfriend. It's not like he'd date you anyway, you freak. She stretched her legs out, letting the sun hit them.

"Yes I am...low and behold. It doesn't mean I'm dumb though." She said making a funny face, hoping he'd feel better. She tried to stop staring at him, knowing that her stupid little love-struck face would give too much away. Mom, cut it out. I'm trying not to look like a spazz.

"So what brings you here today, Jonah?" Rosie asks, picking at her nail polish.

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Fri May 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Jonah bites his lip, once more. This time he draws a bit of blood. Behind down, he lifts up the bottom of his tee shirt. He presses it against his lip, until the bleeding has stopped. He turns his head to the side, and watches Rosie. He listens as she talks. Gosh, she's just so cute.

"Most people don't like talking to the nerd, the child prodigy. They think it's weird"he says quietly. He then stares down at his feet. The subject is one hard to talk about. It makes him truly realized that he does not have much friends. Rubbing the side of his head, he lets out a small sigh.

Turning his head once more, he watches Rosalie as she talks to him. "I never said you were. You have proper grammar, so I assume you aren't dumb" he says to her. Jonah then mentally facepalms. Proper grammar? What is wrong with him? "Io sono un idiota"Jonah mutters to himself under his breath, in italian.

Blinking, Jonah once again focuses on Rosalie. "Oh nothing really. I was just looking for a place to read, and I ended up here"he says softly, this time speaking in english not italian. "What brings you here?"he asks softly.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Fri May 31, 2013 10:16 pm

Rosie just smiles, pretending she didn't see him start bleeding. "I don't see why they should, If anything, it'd be good conversation." She found herself playing with the end of her braid, checking for split ends. Rosie stopped herself and looked back up to Jonah, who was putting the collar of his shirt down.

"Most people do...they think being a child of Aphrodite is like being a 'dumb blonde', I hate it." She giggles at him, he's too adorable. Proper Grammar? More like fumbling over my own words.

When Rosie catches Jonah looking at her, she turns away, her cheeks turning a slight pink. "I just like it here...It's really calm." She examines his book, trying to figure out the name. "What is it that you're reading?"

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Fri May 31, 2013 10:39 pm

Jonah bites his lip, wanting to refrain from telling her the title. She would think that he is a major nerd, after she hears. Seriously, what seventeen year old reads textbooks on chemical engineering? Actually what seventeen year olds and are taking classes at MIT? One, and that seventeen year old is him. It's nerdy, and he doesn't exactly want to admit it. But if he lied, well that would be bad.

Clearing his throat, Jonah begins to speak. "It's called Petroleum Refining in Nontechnical Language, Fourth Edition"he says softly. Rosalie is not stupid, but he doubts that she understood that. Most people don't understand it.

"I had to read it for a class I'm taking on chemical engineering at MIT" he says softly. Biting his lip he looks over at her once more. "The beach is a very lovely place"he says softly.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Fri May 31, 2013 10:57 pm

"Really?" She asked, picking up the book. Three words in and she puts the book down. "It seems interesting...but my dyslexia is screwing the words up." She looks away, embarrassed. He's so smart and I'm a stupid good for nothing.

"Like Petroleum Jelly? That's the stuff they use to make Vaseline." Rosie stares off at the waves crashing in the sound, trying to wear off her embarrassment. "I wish I understood stuff like that."

Rosie looked over at him again smiling. "MIT? That's really cool." She starts to giggle, getting really excited. "Like Iron Man? He went there when he was 16!" She realized what she was saying and felt herself get embarrassed again, curling her legs up under her chin. "Sorry...got a little carried away..."

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Jonah bites his lip, to keep from making a rude comment. It just doesn't seem right to say it to Rosie. She's actually being nice to him, and he doesn't want to ruin it. But who doesn't know what petroleum is? "I am not sure. But petroleum is like gasoline well it's in gasoline"he says softly.

"This might sound stupid. But, what is Vaseline?"he asks her, his tone rushed and quiet. It is most likely going to end up being a very stupid question. He should have just googled it later. To save himself from the embarrassment. God, could be more stupid?

"I guess so. Just call me the next Tony Stark"he says softly. Hm Iron Man, he needs to watch that sometime. Wait, he needs to watch all three of them. That should be interesting. He'll do that, later today. If he doesn't get caught up with reading.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Rosie laughs, pulling out a small vile of Vaseline from her bag. She unscrews the cap, holding it out, and reading the label. Yup...petroleum jelly. "Petroleum Jelly is basically a cosmetic cure-all, it's the main ingredient. Rough Hands? Vaseline. Bags under your eyes? Vaseline. Chapped Lips? Vaseline." She gets a dab with her finger and with her other hand, grabs his arm. She spreads it on his forearm. "See? It works wonders."

She starts giggling as she screws on the cap, getting excited over the movies. "I read the comics! He's actually my favorite super hero, I thought it was cool that he turned his life around." Rosie smiled, an idea striking her brain. "Do you wanna watch the movies? We can go to my cabin!"

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Jonah blinks and watches as Rosie, takes out the jar of vaseline. He flinches when she rubs it into his arm. The vaseline feels slightly strange. But it's more the fact that she touched his arm, that caused him to flinch. Feeling his cheeks redding, Jonah quickly looks down, not sure what to do next.

"Oh. I guess I've just never seen it before"he says softly. It seems like such a common thing. God, how does he not know about vaseline. He bites his lip when he hears Rosie's questions.

"S-sure that sounds lovely"he says softly. Jonah then blinks. Did he just say that? Oh dear gods, what is he getting himself into? Biting his lip, he looks over at her. "When will we have this movie marathon?"he asks softly.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Rosalie nods, lifting the strap of her bag over her shoulder. She pulled herself up to her feet, shrugging. "Well, you're a guy, so I don't see why you should." Jesus Rosie, he's gonna see a movie with you don't spazz.

Rosie smiled down at him. "Well, if you've already seen the other two, we could just go see the last one at the movies." A thought sparked at her mind, eating away at her sanity. What if he considers this a date? That would be ama- I've only talked to him for a day...MOM!

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Rubbing his hands together, Jonah stares out at the water. He is honestly just very confused right now. And by this point he is about ninety five percent sure he's dreaming. Maybe he should pinch himself. He then reaches up and pinches his left arm with his right hand. Blinking he looks around, and realizes he is still at the beach. So this is real.

"I-i haven't seen the others"he says softly. Its true, he doesn't have a lot of time to watch movies. And when he does watch movies, he isn't going to watch Iron Man. He would rather watch a documentary. Not a fictional super hero movie. Though, watching one with Rosie would be nice. Really nice.

Jonah rubs his arm, and turns to look at her. "So are we going to watch the movies now?"he asks softly. Biting his lip, Jonah waits for her to reply. He is very nervous about the possibilty of watching a movie with her. It seems like such a weird concept. He can't even grasp a picture of it.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Rosie nods, holding out a hand to get help him up. "Then we can watch them in my room, I have all of the marvel superhero movies!" She starts to walk with him to the cabin, thanking the gods for the opportunity. "You're the first guy I've met who hasn't seen them, I'm both impressed and concerned."

Rosie looked around the camp, waving at people she knew, giving a short comment on their outfit or activity. She looked over to find a very uncomfortable looking Jonah. "Are you okay?" Oh no, he thinks I'm weird, oh gods no.

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 am

Jonah bites his lip and looks over at Rosie. He gulps hearing her question. Is he okay? He's not ill, but he is certianlly confused and nervous. That counts as being not okay, right? He is almost positive that it does. He's no expert, but it seems like it would.

"I'm fine, just a bit nervous"he says softly, looking at her. "I've never watched a movie, or hung out with a pretty girl before"he says softly. Realizing what he just said, Jonah mutters a few curse words in various languages under his breath. Great move Jonah.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:00 pm

"Nervous? I don't see why." She blushed at the next part of the comment...he thought she was pretty. Thank you, gods! Seriously! Rosie pretended she didn't hear, trying to look like she was distracted by saying hi to someone.

"God, I love the Iron Man movies! It made me really happy when Disney bought them so I could see the merch everyday!" She commented, thinking of her father again...oh, how she missed home.

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MLsweetart on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Jonah bites his lip and sits there. Rubbing his hands together, he lets out a small sigh. Maybe this is just a mistake. He's starting to get so nervous. Not to mention red. He is almost postitive that his face is bright red at the moment. He bites his lip and looks at Rosie.

He can't help but notice, she doesn't respond to his comment. Not that he is upset. Jonah is kind of glad, she chose not to. "Disney bought Iron Man?"he asks very confused. Jonah should really keep up to date with movies. "Should we go watch them now?"he asks her.

MLsweetart

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dapperdanni on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Rosie nodded, starting to walk again. "All of Marvel, My dad works for Disneyland so I'm usually on top of stuff like that." Rosie skips in front of Jonah up to the Aphrodite cabin, throwing open the door. She leads him down the hallway, throwing open the door to her room. Mom, don't let me make a fool out of myself.

Rosie let him in, shutting the door behind him. She scanned her movies, plucking out the first two Iron Man movies, popping one into the DVD player. "Seriously, Tony Stark is perfect, I can't even fathom it."

dapperdanni

Character Sheet
HP:
35/35  (35/35)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top